Last Updated: 12/4/2017
This job aid outlines the steps for copying an existing Proposal Development document. A proposal can be copied regardless of document status.
- College/Department Administrator(s)
- Principal Investigator/Key Personnel
- OSP/CGA/BC Administrator(s)
- Selecting a different Lead Unit for a proposal
- Using the proposal as a template for future proposals or supplemental funding
- Modifying a proposal after submission to make corrections
- Routing Award Revisions for approval
- From the main menu, select the Search Proposals option under the Proposals channel on the Researcher tab.
- Enter your search criteria in the Development Proposal Lookup and click Search.
- Find the proposal you wish to copy, and select Copy from the Actions column.
- The system will open your proposal, displaying the Copy to New Document panel on the Proposal Actions tab.
- Complete the Copy to a New Document panel as follows:
- Select a Sponsor Deadline Type from the dropdown list. This field is required.
- Enter a Sponsor Deadline Date only if you selected “Deadline Date” as your Sponsor Deadline Type.
- Check Budget? if you would like to copy the budget into the new proposal, also from the dropdown list you can select if you would like to copy all versions of the budget or only the final version.
- Check Attachments? if you would like to copy the attachments to the new proposal.
- Select a Lead Unit for the new proposal from the dropdown list. This field is required.
- Check Questionnaires? to copy completed questionnaires into the new proposal.
NOTE: The Budget and Attachments checkboxes will only be active if the original proposal included a budget and/or attachments.
- Click the copy proposal button.
- The new Proposal Development document will display with a new PD# in edit mode.
NOTE: From the new Proposal Development document you can reference the initial copied document from the Copied from Document Id field. This field contains a hyperlink that directs you to the initial Proposal Development document.